Monday, February 1, 2021

Island Travel ☼

 If you are looking for somewhere worth traveling too, definitely start with the Caribbean. More specifically, start with Puerto Rico! From the food to the scenery, everything is worth it. Fried Plantains, rice and beans, marinated meat to perfection, and special blends of herbs and spices. Herbs that come from the land. One of my favorite dishes is Mofongo, though I love almost every dish, my mother in-law is Puerto Rican and I cant get enough of her cooking. Mofongo is a dish with fried green plantains as the main ingredient, then mashed with herbs and spices, and covered with shrimp (if you like), and yummy broth. Also, if you do not eat meat, the island is filled with fresh fruit and vegetables for the plant-based lovers! 

Also, there are only five Bioluminescent bays in the world, and Puerto Rico has 3 of them! Mosquito Bay, Laguna Grande and La Parguera. The bioluminescence comes from a single-celled microorganism called dinoflagellates. Which is just algae or plankton. With movement, the plankton lights up the water, very beautiful.  
Overall, the island is full of mystic adventures, and color and life! Go pop open a cold Malta, and jam to some reggaetón! Or you can just explore a nice lagoon, and listen to the relaxing sounds of the coqui frog. Either way, you win! 

 
   




3 comments:

  1. I like how you described the food dishes, and included how there are other fixtures for people with different preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this post, the pictures and your wording help paint a picture to describe Puerto Rico cuisine and nature. I would say that I was a little lost on your bioluminescent mention, maybe connect that idea a bit more for clearer flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. stone dice

    ReplyDelete

Self Assessment Response

     Overall, I feel my blog posts meets majority of the criteria that is required in my class, but I still feel that I am missing somethin...